Role: Transaction Attorney
Education: BA Psychology from Central Washington University; BA Law and Justice from Central Washington University; JD from Seattle University School of Law
Practice Areas: Transactional Cannabis Business Counsel; Small and Mid-Size Business Counsel
Chris Larsen is a Transaction Attorney at Halverson Law, PLLC. Chris’ practice primarily focuses on representing businesses in Washington’s marijuana industry with their transactional, regulatory, and compliance needs.
He has extensive experience negotiating transactions, drafting documents, and communicating the needs of his clients to the Washington State Liquor and Cannabis Board and other administrative agencies. Chris has also worked closely with local county governments and advocated for clients on various land use issues.
Along with being a resource for clients, he also educates other professionals on the marijuana industry. Chris was most recently a panelist at the Fisher Phillips 2nd Annual Workplace Law Seminar for Canna-businesses; chairperson and speaker at the 4th Annual Northwest Marijuana Law Conference; and speaker at the 3rd Annual Northwest Marijuana Law Conference.
Chris is a Washington native—growing up in Renton, with stints thereafter in Ellensburg, Kent, Seattle, and Bellevue, but once again finds himself in Renton where his family purchased their first home in 2018. He is married to his high school sweetheart and they have two young kids.
Outside of the office, Chris enjoys spending time with his family, playing golf, rooting for the Seattle sports teams, and generally finding a quiet place to relax.
- + 250 Cannabis Law Experts, November 2018, Databird Research Journal.
- + Washington State Bar Association, 2014 – Present.
Publications & Articles:
- + Editor and Co-Author of Lost in the Weeds: An Introduction to Legal Issues for Business People Leading Cannabis Companies. (2015). CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform. ISBN-10: 1511851309.
- Friday, August 17, 2018. Speaker/Presenter on the topic of “Marijuana Business Law in Washington” for NBI – National Business Institute. Location: Hilton Garden Inn, Seattle Downtown.
- March 15, 2017. Panelist on the topic of “Workplace Law for Canna-Businesses” for Fisher Phillips 2nd Annual Workplace Law Seminar for Canna-businesses. Location: Seattle, WA.
- November 4, 2016. Chairperson and speaker on the topic of “Transportation Licenses, Out-of-State Financing, and Merging of Medical Marijuana into Recreational” for 4th Annual Northwest Marijuana Law Conference. Location: Seattle, WA.
- November 13, 2015. Panelist on the topic of “Marijuana Law Q&A” for 3rd Annual Marijuana Law Conference. Location: Seattle, WA.